As prices for gas, consumer products and services rise often insurance costs follow the same trend. Insurance premiums for car insurance can vary based on multiple factors.
Here are 8 tips to think about when trying to lower your car insurance premium:
- Remove physical damage coverage for older vehicles.
- Take the highest deductibles you think you can afford. Two way benefits: immediate credit for higher deductible and less likely increases due to claim frequency.
- Check insurance costs before buying new vehicles. Insurance costs for sport and high performance vehicles can be dramatically higher. Especially if drivers have limited experience or a spotty driving record.
- Bundle your insurance policies. You may be able to get a discount for having multiple policies with the same insurance company.
- Drive safely, stay off of your phone, avoid accidents and poor driving convictions. Driving record is sure to have a big impact.
- Take advantage of credits. Credits abound and vary by company, both in terms of availability and amount. Two common credits were mentioned earlier: higher deductibles and multiple policy. Some others include, safe driver, good student, safety devices (anti-lock brakes, air bags), anti-theft devices, day time running lights are a few.
- Low mileage discounts. Some companies will offer discounts for vehicles that are not driven often.
- Your needs change and sometimes it is time to switch insurance companies. That’s why we are here. We do our best to keep up with your insurance needs but, if you ever feel it is time for a change, let us know. As an independent agent we represent many insurance companies and will save you time and bother in reviewing options for you.
For any car insurance questions, call or contact Hicks Insurance Agency & Associates, Inc. today.